Student and Graduate Privacy Statement
Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
It is in the University’s legitimate interest to use your student details* so that we can deliver the Services we offer to you and to keep you informed about how we are able to help you.
We use your information to:
- Allow you access our dedicated platform MyCareerHub so that you can book appointments with us, attend events inc Careers Fairs, view vacancies, ask us questions, access resources etc.
- Allows you access to our dedicated skills development platform – MyDevelopmentHub so that you can view activities, resources and book events
- Keep you informed on careers and employability news via regular newsletters, emails and announcements
- Seek your feedback on services you have used
- Contact you about any changes to the terms and conditions relating to the services we offer
The University uses an external company, CareerHub, as our data processor. They provide us with the MyCareerHub database to allow us, as data controllers, to contact you and administer our services.
We will also access student details* provided by Student Systems for 2 years after graduation thus allowing us to continue to offer all our Services (including continuing access to MyCareerHub) to graduates up to 2 years after graduation.
We will share any updates to contact details, including email address, that graduates make on MyCareerHub with the University's main alumni database. Find out more about why we do this and how we use our graduate's data here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/development-alumni/privacy
As well as normal usage reporting (eg how many students attended events or attended appts etc.) other special characteristics (eg disability, ethnicity, Widening participation, gender etc.) are analysed anonymously to produce statistics to inform service delivery to and usage by these groups.
* Student Details - The Careers Service receives student contact information, information about programme, mode and method of study, current student status and achieved awards
This Privacy Statement is continued at: www.edin.ac/privacy
Should you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact: CS.Admin@ed.ac.uk